On 29th November there was the Mauritius Masters Athletics Family walk for health over either 5k or 10k, it was a really good and fun day.
Open African Championships
World Masters News
- Our Dear Friend, Cesar Moreno Bravo March 16, 2023World Masters Athletics’ Family is deeply saddened by the death of César Moreno Bravo. We were informed of the death of Cesar Moreno Bravo on 13 March, 2023 following a period of time in hospital. Details of the cause of his death are unknown but his passing will leave a huge sadness hanging over his […]
- Inaugural WMA Short Course Cross Country Championships a Success! February 26, 202360+ medalists Victoria Gunn & Craig Downie (gold), Margaret Phillips & Kevin Dillon (silver), Helen Stanley & Bruce Graham (silver), and Robyn Basman & Jose Carvalho. Photo by Ken Farrell, Olga Firsova, AUS, catching up to April Lund, USA, in the 35+ Mixed Relay. Photo by Ken Farrell. M50 6k medalists Frédéric Gilbert, gold, Wim […]
- Report on Toruń January 27, 2023Preparations for the Championship are going very well. Everything is on or ahead of schedule. The LOC is capable and experienced, having organized a great WMACI in 2019. We have used our combined experience and knowledge to identify and resolve issues. WMA is maintaining its regular contact with the Torun LOC. That enables a two-way […]
- 2022 WMA Best Athletes January 12, 2023This is the time we look back on 2022 and reflect on many wonderful international and national championships. The atmosphere at championships was often electric. Congratulations to all Masters Athletes for your accomplishments! It was obvious you were excited to be competing. WMA Council agreed to have WMA Regions nominate athletes who had competed at […]
- 2023 WMA Championship – getting ready to impress December 17, 2022Dear Masters Athletes, Officials, Volunteers, Members and Regions, I hope we will see you in Toruń. It was a great Championship in 2019. We all want to make it even better this time. When I wrote last, I was still recovering from the extra busy time spent in Tampere. Most of you that attended were […]