On 29th November there was the Mauritius Masters Athletics Family walk for health over either 5k or 10k, it was a really good and fun day.
Open African Championships
- Report on Toruń January 16, 2023Preparations for the Championship are going very well. Everything is on or ahead of schedule. The LOC is capable and experienced, having organized a great WMACI in 2019. We have used our combined experience and knowledge to identify and resolve issues. WMA is maintaining its regular contact with the Torun LOC. That enables a two-way […]
- 2022 WMA Best Athletes January 12, 2023This is the time we look back on 2022 and reflect on many wonderful international and national championships. The atmosphere at championships was often electric. Congratulations to all Masters Athletes for your accomplishments! It was obvious you were excited to be competing. WMA Council agreed to have WMA Regions nominate athletes who had competed at […]
- 2023 WMA Championship – getting ready to impress December 17, 2022Dear Masters Athletes, Officials, Volunteers, Members and Regions, I hope we will see you in Toruń. It was a great Championship in 2019. We all want to make it even better this time. When I wrote last, I was still recovering from the extra busy time spent in Tampere. Most of you that attended were […]
- Masters athletes to claim historic world titles at Bathurst 23 November 3, 2022For the first time in history, Masters athletes will be able to stake their claim for glory alongside the world’s best cross country athletes at the World Athletics Cross Country Championships Bathurst 23 (WXC Bathurst 23) taking place in February next year. Together with World Athletics, the Local Organising Committee (LOC) for WXC Bathurst 23 […]
- 2024 WMA Marathon World Championship October 21, 2022Dear Regional Representatives and WMA Members, The WMA Council is happy to announce their intention to schedule a WMA Marathon Championship in 2024. Previously the WMA Marathon has been held in the past as part of our Stadia championships and following the General Assembly decision in Perth in 2016, the first separate WMA Marathon Championship […]